Wednesday, December 24, 2008

oolie the owl



 We have that glass pickle ornament on our tree. You know the one. You hang it last and kind of hide it amongst the branches. The children are supposed to have a game of it where they all search in the foliage and the first to find it receives a special little gift... Well, the day before Christmas I realized we didn’t have one (a little gift that is). So while we played a rollicking game of Trivial Pursuit, I stitched up this little gal. No pattern. Just a random cut out of a sweater I had felted in the washing machine some months ago.
Of course I didn’t actually finish her in time for the pickle search so we forewent it. (Forewent? Can I say that?) I ended up just giving her to my daughter. Miss Naiya Sophia named her Oolie. Oolie the owl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...