Saturday, December 8, 2012

little trees from felted sweater scraps


We make all manner of crafts from felted sweaters all year long and I have this bag of small scrap that I just didn't know what to do with (but couldn't bring myself to throw away).  And then we needed some trees on our Nature Table...

These are so super simple!  I just cut different sized circles and stacked them.  I tied a knot in my green embroidery floss and ran it down through the center of each one then tied it off at the bottom.  On a few, I glue gunned on a short trunk made of branch bits we'd lopped off of our hedge laurel. 


They can be decorated for Christmas or left plain to provide a forest for the critters and folks out enjoying a winter picnic in the woods.  So many possibilities...

2 comments:

  1. These are darling! I love their texture and variation in colour. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! I needle felted a few trees but I think I should add a few of these to our winter wonderland too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...