Monday, March 26, 2012

the ceiling sprouts spring


If you're a regular reader, you know I'm a sucker for things hanging from the ceiling.  It's an odd little fixation.  I think it's an unobtrusive way to bring the feel of festivals, seasons and the full three dimensional outside world into our indoor play space.

This time around, with my longing for warmth and sunshine and more color in our days, I invited Spring into our home with new dangling bits of pretend greenery in various corners of the play area. 

Back for St. Patrick's Day, Naiya and I had done a little wet on wet water color painting in many shades of green.  (For more information on wet-on-wet water color painting click here.)                                                                                                                                                This week, we took those now dry, heavy sheets of green water color paper, folded them at about every inch then (on that fold) cut out various leaf shapes.




After hole punching at one end, we stuck two leaves together with a dab from a glue stick and tied them onto a length of gardening twine.  After repeating this at varying intervals we had a collection of vines to stick to our ceiling.

Perhaps as the season progresses we'll come up with some kind of paper flower to add to our everlasting greenery...

4 comments:

  1. oooh, it's beautiful! We'll have to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog I have already gone through your whole site, It's lovely and have decided on doing a few of your crafts with my children. Thank you for creating this site...... your daughter is beautiful and how hard is it to start raising and taking care of chickens??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The whole history?! What dedication. I am awed by your thorough interest. :) About the chickens, I think it's pretty easy actually. Of all the pets I've ever owned, I think they take the least amount of work once you've got everything set up (and if they all stay healthy, which after three years or so, ours all have). As I mentioned in this post: http://passengersonalittlespaceship.blogspot.com/2011/10/backyard-eggs.html , chickens aren't for everyone and some city ordinances forbid them. Be sure to check yours out before you take the plunge. If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to answer them (although I'm not what one might call an expert by any means).
      On a fun note, just yesterday all of our girls got out and came knocking on the window of the basement apartment along with our cat Scarlett. Our downstairs neighbor said it was quite a silly sight and wished she had taken a picture before she herded them back to the coop. Sometimes those girls are such a hoot.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...