Tuesday, May 1, 2012

the fairies return on may day

As you may know, the fairies moved out of our garden over the winter.  Like last year, we expected them to return on May Day and we were not disappointed.  Our sweet garden friends did, in fact, move back into our yard...

The Fairy Queen left Naiya a sweet gift on the back step, and, this time around, she and her friends seem to have expanded their little corner territory.

 There are a couple of very colorful new houses (oh so Portland I think).

 And, just as we suspected, they celebrated May Day by raising a festive Fairie Maypole.  As evidenced by the excessive fairie dust we found remaining, surely a delightful celebration was had in the early hours of the first day of May.

Welcome back dear fairie friends.

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what an amazing Fairie garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Gosh, so inspiring to see this plus to have a hunt through the tutorials on your blog. It's autumn/winter where I am in New Zealand so have got some good ideas from your October posts! Look forward to visiting again soon :)
      PS I'm commenting through the 'reply' function as for some reason comments doesn't appear on my screen

      Delete
    2. It's so fun to hear from folks across the world! Glad you're finding some inspiration. Come by and visit any time :)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful little garden! I love the colorful touches, my absolute favorite is the May Pole! It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your fairy garden !
    Magical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww very sweet and enchanting! Love the note. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes indeedy magical! That beautiful May Pole! Enchanting. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes indeedy Magical! Especially love the May Pole. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! This is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Luckily, we have some rather creative sprites visiting our yard :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Dionne,

    Congrats on your gorgeous Fairy Garden winning the 2012 Fairy Garden Contest on The Magic Onions. We had over 150 beautiful gardens to choose from and your's was definitely one of our favorites :-)
    I'm sorry I'm a little behind in getting your prize out to you. I know you might have contacted me about it in the past week or two, but I've seemed to have lost the addresses I had gathered for the winners, so would you mind sending me your address again :: vined@ymail(dot)com :: please can you title your email "Fairy Garden Winner - Beneath The Rowan Tree"
    Thanks so much in joining in the fun... I hope to have you enter again next year :-)

    Blessings and magic to you...
    Love Donni

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...